- 3 fresh multi-coloured tomatoes
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 6 thick slices of mozzarella
- 12 basil leaves
- 6 brik (or filo) pastry sheets
- 3 soup spoons pesto
- Rocket leaves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt flakes
Caprese-style brik pastries
- Slice the tomatoes into thick rounds.
- Sear them for 2 minutes in the corner of the plancha.
- To assemble, roll a slice of ham and 2 basil leaves around the slice of mozzarella.
- Wrap with the pastry.
- Brown the briks on the plancha turning them on each side for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the rocket salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar.