- 3 large Guernica pimento peppers
- Sausage meat seasoned with parsley and shallots
- Fleur de sel / Sea salt flakes
Stuffed Guernica pimento pepper and sweet red pepper ‘piquillo’ coulis
For the piquillo coulis: 5 sweet red ‘piquillo’ peppers, 1 soup spoon of sherry vinegar, ¼ litre of single cream and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- Heat the cream
- Add the sweet red peppers and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and salt; liquidize to obtain the coulis.
- Split the pimento peppers in two, take out the seeds and stuff them with the previously prepared sausage meat..
- Colour the pimento peppers on each side for 2 minutes then leave them to cook under a cloche for 12 minutes.
- Cover them with the piquillo coulis and serve.
Chef Sébastien Zozaya’s tip: replace the sausage meet with spicy ‘txistorra’ sausage, tuna or hake.