- 1 Pork Belly of 2 kg
- Espelette Pepper
- Fleur de sel
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Old Fashioned Mustard
Pork belly "Prince Noir of Biscay" by Gilles Pecastaingt
- Score the rind and salt generously both sides.
- Sear the rind side down, slow cooking on medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Turn the pork belly meat side down and bake for 30 minutes.
- On the Plancha, drizzle the mustard on the rind side and cover with maple syrup.
- To serve, slice the pork belly and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.
Chef Sébastien Zozaya's tip: replace mustard and maple syrup with barbecue sauce (see recipe).